Data and Network Services
All SkyWave satellite services use the trusted Inmarsat constellation - a fully funded, launched and operational satellite network with a commercial life beyond 2023. When selecting which SkyWave communication service to use for your asset management solution, consider the following questions:
What kind of assets do you want to manage? Where are they typically located?
- How much data do you need to send and receive to and from your assets? How often?
- Does the asset travel between urban and remote areas or does it generally stay in regions with no cellular service?
- Do you want to have the flexibility to reconfigure the behavior of the device once it is in the field?
- Do you need a battery powered device or will other power sources be available?
- Does your communication equipment need special certifications or configuration?
Depending on your requirements, SkyWave has a communication service that can meet those needs.
The global IsatM2M satellite network is based on the Inmarsat D+ service, but offers faster data forwarding rates, quicker responses to polling requests and shorter time to first transmission. Example applications include:
- Track geographic location of fleets, including deviation from pre-defined geofenced areas, to create detailed trip reports, be notified of theft events, reduce fuel consumption and improve arrival time estimates
- Monitor cab or container doors to detect theft and ensure cargo is secure from point of origin to final destination
- Control corrosion of pipelines using cathodic protection systems
- Monitor and send data and alarms from Oil and Gas equipment
- Monitor maritime vessel locations for fishing Vessel Monitoring Systems (VMS) and other government-mandated initiatives
Download the IsatM2M Network Datasheet: en | es | pt | fr
Hardware to be used with IsatM2M network: DMR 800 series, SureLinx series
IsatData Pro is a global satellite data packet service that offers the ability to exchange larger amounts of data to enable applications that allow users to:
- Send work forms and receive work completion acknowledgements from vehicles
- Transfer electronic documents including electronic logistics forms and billing signatures
- Collect and transmit logs required to meet transportation regulations
- Send government-mandated data from fishing boats
- Collect and send detailed pressure, volume and other sensor data from Oil and Gas equipment
Download IsatData Pro datasheet: en | es | pt | ru
Hardware to be used with IsatData Pro network: IsatData Pro Terminals and Modem
To find out more about this product, contact an Account Executive.