Truck Monitoring and Control
Do more than truck tracking with SkyWave
Wherever your vehicles are, SkyWave can help ensure vehicle security and keep you informed of their operational status and location. Solutions based on SkyWave satellite and satellite-cellular communication products provide vehicle tracking, telemetry, and constant communication – and are critical in the fleet management of long-haul carriers and when transporting valuable and hazardous materials.
Logistics and revenue
- Transmit electronic documents such as forms, work orders, instructions, completion acknowledgements and billing signatures, even outside cellular coverage
- Provide arrival time estimates and proof of delivery to customers and support just-in-time logistics
Driver monitoring and operational efficiency
- Exchange in-cab or text messages with drivers and remote workers
- Use GPS information to detect unauthorized use of company vehicles
- Use fuel sensors to track and reduce fuel consumption
- Tap into vehicle telemetry to monitor vehicle health and driver behaviour such as speeding and harsh braking
- Transmit identification of personnel on transport buses for access control and logistics
- Collect and transmit logs required to meet government regulations
Security of people and vehicles
- Monitor container doors to detect theft and ensure cargo is secure from origin to destination
- Remotely control electrical, pneumatic and fuel systems of vehicles in the event of a theft and use GPS location information to track a stolen vehicle’s position
- Install panic buttons for emergency notification
- Detect and react when GPS and GSM signal jammers are being used to prevent hijacking
Related Products & Applications
By using the IsatData Pro network and compatible IDP series satellite/cellular terminals, partners can leverage these off-the-shelf fleet management application solutions:
AVL Agent: The Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) Agent is an embedded Lua application for quickly configuring IsatData Pro terminals in fleet management solutions, all while reducing programming time and costs.
Garmin FMI (Fleet Management Interface): SkyWave Garmin FMI allows the addition of integrated tracking, navigation, driver communication and dispatch using off-the-shelf Garmin devices as the human interface.
Looking for a solution for fleet management? Let us refer you to a SkyWave Solution Provider »