Protect. Manage. Everywhere.
SkyWave Mobile Communications is a global provider of satellite communication equipment and airtime services for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. Using the Inmarsat satellite constellation, our products enable dependable communication, tracking and monitoring of fixed and mobile assets anywhere in the world.
We do business by partnering with a global network of Solution Providers who integrate our equipment into a broad range of applications for remote management of assets in the transportation, maritime, mining, oil & gas, heavy equipment and utilities sectors.
Knowledge. Security. Efficiency.
SkyWave products are used to improve the security of assets while increasing business efficiency, lowering operational costs and providing the ability to comply with government regulations. Users of our products enjoy benefits like:
- Increased productivity through better visibility of what is happening with and around vehicles and other assets
- Reduced risk of theft by tracking asset location and sensor information
- Reduced operating costs by using telemetry data to monitor driving habits and fuel levels
- Ability to exchange electronic documents with remote workers
- Improved security of personnel through the use of panic buttons and emergency reporting
- Elimination of unnecessary maintenance costs or sudden equipment failure by monitoring sensors and equipment logs
- Reduced travelling expenses by monitoring remote equipment from the desktop
- Increased competitive advantage and value by providing accurate status and location-based information to their customers
Experienced. Proven. Reliable.
Established in 1997, SkyWave is a profitable and growing company based in Ottawa, Canada. We have designed, manufactured and shipped more than 550,000 terminals to customers in over 75 countries. Users of our products depend on us to increase the productivity and safety of their assets and as an Inmarsat service provider, we are able to offer the reliability they need through our global communication portfolio.
Key Company Milestones:
- SkyWave and Inmarsat announce IsatData Pro - a new satellite service that revolutionizes the satellite machine-to-machine communication market. Read more »
- SkyWave introduces a series of new features on its IsatM2M terminals designed to address growing concerns in the transportation and security market. Read more »
- SkyWave introduces SureLinx 8100 with integrated GLONASS/GPS navigation to address needs of land and maritime transportation companies. Read more »
- SkyWave introduces Flex messaging, an enhancement to the IsatM2M service that will allow SkyWave customers to send up to seven times more data. Read more »
- SkyWave introduces DMR-800L with integrated GLONASS/GPS to address growing tracking and monitoring needs in Russia. Read more »
- Inmarsat agrees to acquire 19% stake in SkyWave. SkyWave uses the funds to purchase Ottawa-based GlobalWave, a subsidiary of TransCore. Read more »
- SkyWave launches SureLinx 8100c satellite/GPRS terminal featuring an on-board computer (OBC) with C-programming capabilities and industry-standard interfaces. Read more »
- SkyWave surpasses sales of 125,000 terminal units.
- SkyWave expands suite of D+/IsatM2M terminals with the DMR-800 terminal series, designed to enable new applications using the SkyWave IsatM2M network service.
- SkyWave places on the Deloitte & Touche Wireless Fast 50, a ranking of the fastest growing wireless companies based on revenue growth over the past five years.
- SkyWave launches the IsatM2M service and DMR-800D terminal, offering new features and advanced capabilities to enable Solution Provider's applications with greater responsiveness.
- SkyWave launches the SureLinx 8100 D+/GPRS dual-mode terminal.
- SkyWave announces extension of its C1D2 (Class1, Division 2: "Hazardous Environment) certification for the DMR-200D terminal.
- SkyWave surpasses sales of 50,000 terminals.